The term “team collaboration” is not new, but it has expanded in meaning in the last couple of years.
Our vision of what team collaboration should look like has changed, or rather evolved, to suit the changing landscape that the pandemic has brought about.
Remote and hybrid workplaces have paved the way for more “digital” collaboration. Team interactions began to happen through a wide variety of platforms, videos, audios and messages.
In this Unified Communications (UC) scenario, collaboration between teams took place through work tools – digital platforms – that sought to allow a broad and complete alignment between all members.
Some of these tools featured more effective sharing technologies or processes than others and were more successful in keeping workers productive wherever they were.
Today, we can even present statistics that offer a greater understanding of how valuable the team collaboration landscape can be, as well as its evolution. Check out the data provided in the UCToday website publication in December 2021 below:
- Platforms for collaboration are primarily used to connect remote workers (91%), improve communication between co-workers and managers (84%), team management (61%), and project management (54%).
- With the right collaboration technology in place, hybrid teams are 70% more likely to be agile and 66% more likely to be comfortable in multiple roles.
- Since the pandemic, 38% of people said their employer has updated their video technology to enable a better level of hybrid collaboration. 36% of people believe that the office environment is better suited for “one-on-one work”, while the remote environment, with digital tools, supports hybrid work.
Gartner Digital Worker
- More meetings are taking place through collaboration tools rather than in person. In 2021, the number of meetings that took place in person in 2019 dropped by 33%. By 2024, Gartner predicts that face-to-face meetings will account for just 25% of all team conversations.
- While the demand for hybrid work is growing, companies need to ensure they are implementing collaboration tools correctly if they want to avoid overload and fatigue. Gartner found that only 17% of companies were requesting no-meeting days to reduce burnout.
- More than half of all decision makers expect their spending on collaboration tools to increase. Large companies plan to continue to expand their list of software to support hybrid working in 2022.
- 80% of companies say that digital workplaces (including environments built with collaboration tools) are critical to their future business success.
- Problems with collaboration tools can be some of the biggest impediments to employee productivity and performance. 85% of employees often have problems with online meetings, and 42% feel frustrated when they can’t easily get into one of these meetings.
We also already know that millions of workers want to remain in a flexible work environment and this requires managers to redesign their offices, adopting the appropriate solutions so that, in the hybrid environment, there is continuity in team collaboration.
So, we can see that the demand for digital collaboration tools will continue to grow at a fast pace, especially now that many workplaces are becoming hybrid.
It is only through these tools that we can guarantee that work activities are not restricted to geographic limits, as digital platforms are the ones that manage to unite employees in environments that go beyond physical space.
It is very worthwhile to adopt complete remote/hybrid digital work solutions, which present all work tools in a single platform. So there is no need to hire, integrate and learn a range of tools from different providers.
And now that digital collaboration tools have gained the deserved evidence – responsible for keeping teams productive and succeeding in their daily tasks – I cannot fail to present the best and most complete solution for this purpose: MyHive.
MyHive is a platform with super easy deployment, which in addition to offering a pleasant work environment, meets any communication need that employees may have, even if they do not share the same physical space.
I claim that MyHive is the best solution for companies from different segments because it has a differentiated and perfect structure for the hybrid work model.
It was designed for team collaboration to happen successfully!
Take your team to MyHive. Test the ideal platform for hybrid work for free: MyHive.Global.