Frequently Asked Questions
On this page you will find the most common questions from new and experienced MyHive users. If you don't find what you need feel free to reach out to us with the chat.
The avatar represents the user within MyHive. The initial letter of the name appears as the default, but the user can replace it with a photo.
To make the edits, just click on the gear icon near your avatar in the left panel, then under “My Account” and finally on “Profile”, make the changes and save. If the new image doesn’t appear right away, it will appear the next time your browser updates the navigation cache.
Each user’s avatar shows the person’s current status in real time. For example, when they have their headset and microphone turned on, the avatar will display this. The same is true for when a person is speaking – the microphone will blink on and off on their avatar – or when they are sharing their screen – a screen-sharing symbol will appear.
At the top of the screen, you will find 4 floating buttons that control your communication and collaboration options:
- Headset – activates and disables your headphones/speakers
- Microphone – activates and disables your microphone
- Camera – turns your device’s camera on and off
- Monitor – turns on and off sharing your screen – you can share your screen without having to turn on your video.
There are several ways to talk to a colleague, you can:
• Click on the name of the room the person is in and be transported to that room, turn on your microphone button and speak. The same process is valid for talking to all people inside that room.
• Right-click on the person’s avatar and choose one of the “Chat” or “Invite to a conversation” options.
If you choose “Chat”, you type your message and the other person receives it on a pop-up screen.
If you choose “Invite to conversation,” the other person will receive a pop-up invitation to come into your room and chat with you. By clicking on “Accept”, the person is automatically transferred to the room where you are. This option can also be used to invite a person to an ongoing meeting, for example.
Right-clicking inside a room will show a list of options:
• Clicking on “Chat”, the user can write in the chat and all other people in the room will receive the message.
• By clicking on “Rename”, the Admin user can change the name of the room.
• By clicking “Lock”, the room is closed and no one else can enter until the room is unlocked. It’s like closing the door in the physical office when the user wants privacy. A locked room appears with a padlock next to the name.
• Clicking Zoom+ or Zoom- increases or decreases the view of the room and its participants.
The user can invite whoever they want to a meeting. You just click the “INVITE USERS” button that appears in the upper left corner of the screen, just below your avatar. Copy the link and send it to your guest.
The link will be active for 24 hours, but the user can change the validity of the invitation by clicking “Edit Invitation” and changing the amount of days that the invitation will remain active for, and/or the number of times the invitation can be used within the chosen period and then clicking “Generate new link”.
The guest will always appear in the Reception area of your MyHive office, where they receive a welcome message and asked to wait to be attended to by the person who invited them.
Want to know more?
Download the MyHive user manual here.